Sheffield United's new signings, midfielders Ryan Leonard and Lee Evans and ahead James Wilson may all characteristic in Friday's Steel City derby.
Striker Ched Evans (ankle) has returned to coaching, however isn't have compatibility, whilst Kieron Freeman (knee) and David Brooks (glandular fever) are out.
Sheffield Wednesday's new supervisor Jos Luhukay has a lot of damage issues.
Keiren Westwood (rib), Gary Hooper, Barry Bannan and Jack Hunt (all hip) and Sam Hutchinson (knee) are doubts.
|Home win 55%||Draw 25%||Away win 20%|
SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer constructed via @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.
- The Blades have misplaced most effective one in every of their closing 14 house fits in opposition to Wednesday in all competitions (W5 D8), a 2-1 defeat in February 2009.
- This is the primary league assembly between the perimeters at Bramall Lane within the Championship since September 2009 - Sheffield United received Three-2, with the fit additionally performed on a Friday.
- Sheffield United have no longer executed a league double over their Steel City competitors since 2005-06, profitable 1-Zero at Bramall Lane and 2-1 at Hillsborough underneath Neil Warnock within the closing season during which they received promotion to the Premier League.
- Sheffield Wednesday are 15 issues worse off after 26 league fits this season than they had been closing season - the Owls have 30 to this point, and received 45 as this level closing yr.
- Leon Clarke has scored six objectives in 5 earlier Football League fits in opposition to the Owls, averaging a objective each and every 49 mins. Clarke scored a double on this season's opposite fixture - then again, he failed to attain in 4 Steel City league derbies when enjoying for Sheffield Wednesday.
- The Owls have misplaced their closing two league video games via two or extra objectives with out scoring, closing enduring a run of 3 defeats via this margin with out discovering the online in September 1999 (a run of 4), which ended with an Eight-Zero defeat at Newcastle.